20100602

ARTIST NO.1 GEORGE SEGAL

Large Format Drawing Class was most definitely an experience this past winter. I created a couple of pretty solid ideas, one being a technique I experimented with an aptly named "linear portrait mapping" for its spontaneous creation and likeness to maps so commonly associated with buried treasures, the second being an extension of this portraiture, just with onto composed plaster casts.

My professor, Professor Chris Kienke (who was also my professor for Life Drawing I and whose last name is pronounced just as it should be) told me to look up a couple of artists, the first being George Segal.


Straight up, I think I'd rather talk to the plaster than that guy


Holocaust Memorial piece


just some old guys made out of plaster. Trying to get into a door.

So check him out, he does whole body casts and doesn't really mess around with perfecting the faces or the extremities-- just makes inanimate people a lot more interesting than the average bozo.

Best++

Kan "Yeah, I Just Used Bozo, and Will Keep Using Bozo" Ando

No comments:

Post a Comment